This beautiful set of cards carefully depicts the passing of time to aid an understanding of order and direction. They can be used in many environments and the accompanying booklet includes ideas and activities for using the cards.
The cards are varied in content – for example:
• Times of the day – Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night
• Seasons – Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
• Ageing – Baby, Child, Teenager, Adult, Senior Citizen
• Moon Phases – New Moon, Half Moon, Full Moon
• Plant Lifecycle – Seed, Seedling, Flower, Seed head
• Frog Lifecycle – Frogspawn, Tadpole, Froglet, Adult
The cards vary in complexity and encourage comprehension, attention and observation.
Who Will Benefit from this Activity?
ColourLibrary ColourCards: Time Sequencing Colourcards will be enjoyed by people in all stages of dementia. The outcome of the activity may vary depending on the person’s ability, however for people with dementia, it is important to remember that when participating in the activity, the focus should not be about the activity itself, but the quality and enjoyment of the interaction. It is the enjoyment of the activity that will contribute to their overall sense of happiness and well-being.
If you need help choosing an appropriate activity for someone affected by dementia, click here to view our guidelines.